Creating custom rules are available on Enterprise plans
With Vercel Firewall, you can create rules to provide more control over your site, such as blocking IP addresses from accessing your site
You can create custom rules to block specific IP addresses, effectively preventing unauthorized access or unwanted traffic. This security measure allows you to restrict access to your applications or websites based on the IP addresses of incoming requests.
Common use cases for IP blocking on Vercel include:
- Blocking known malicious IP addresses
- Preventing competitors or scrapers from accessing your content
In cases such as blocking based on complying with specific laws and regulations or to restrict access to or from a particular geographic area, we recommend using Middleware.
To block an IP address, you can create a custom rule in your dashboard:
- On your Team's dashboard, navigate to Settings and select the Security tab
- On the IP Blocking section, click Create New Rule to create a new rule set
- Add the IP address you want to block and the host you want to block it from. The host is the domain name of the site you want to block the IP address from accessing. This value can be copied from the URL of the site you want to block, without the
wwwprefix. For example
You can also add subdomains to the host field, such as
Custom firewall rules for IP blocking is limited to 1000 rules.