Pushing a change to your project results in a Preview Deployment. Then, once you're ready, merging it into
masterresults in a Production Deployment with the domain of your choice.
Even though Preview Deployments receive a unique URL, they might still be accessed by anyone that finds out about the URL. Today, we're introducing two features for easily protecting them right from the Dashboard.
- Environment Variables inserted in the Project Settings can now contain newlines. Copy and paste your value, or use
Enterto submit values with newlines.
- A new Contact page has been launched, which allows for easily creating support tickets or reaching out to our sales team.
- No more "Visit" tooltip is rendered when hovering a deployment URL. Instead, the "Visit" button on the deployment view can be used.
- The "Functions" tab on the deployment view now clearly defines that logs are realtime and need to be forwarded to a third party for retroactive inspection (storing).
- Opening the Team Settings doesn't automatically focus on the Team URL anymore.
- Environment Variables in the Activity feed are now truncated in length.
- On the installation page for our command-line interface, the
vercelpackage is now recommended instead of the legacy
- Hitting the limit of 10 team members on the Pro plan now presents a button for easily contacting the Sales team.
- Introduced a limit of 100 Environment Variables per Project.
- Made "Ionic Angular" or "Docusaurus 2" templates work again.
- Signing up with a Git account that is already connected to a personal Vercel account will now offer you to log in instead of erroring.
- Signing up with a Git account that has the same email address as a personal Vercel account will now offer you to merge them instead of creating a new one.
- Trying to log in with a Git account that is not connected to a personal Vercel account will now log you into a personal Vercel account that has the same email address.
- Removing a domain now triggers a cascade of events that will clean up all of its associated Aliases, Certificates and DNS Records from the system.
- Selecting "Other" in the list of framework presets, overriding the Build Command and then creating a deployment containing
vercel.jsonand a few static files does not cause an error anymore.
- A new
permanentproperty was added to the configuration reference of the new
- The configuration reference for the
routesproperty now makes it clear that it cannot be used in conjunction with the new routing properties.
- An example was added to each of the System Environment Variables.
.vercelignoreconfiguration files are now supported for GitHub, GitLab and Bitbucket.
- A new package named
vercelwas published to npm and it comes with support for
.vercelignoreand two binaries named
Today, we have some very special news regarding the evolution of our company.
ZEIT is now Vercel. This new identity aligns with our new focus — to provide the ultimate workflow for developing, previewing, and shipping Jamstack sites.
If you are working on a sophisticated project, you might have found yourself wanting to configure different Environment Variables depending on the Environment your project is deployed to.
With today's release, we're making it possible to configure different Environment Variables for Production, Preview, and Development – right in the Dashboard.
- Dark mode will now automatically be enabled depending on your system settings. To overwrite it, use the Theme switcher accessible from your avatar menu.
- When importing a third party Git repository or a template, the UI now provides a helpful message if it wasn't able to create a Git repository for you on the connected Git account.
- When importing a Git repository, the UI now renders a proper error for when a required configuration file is not present.
- After adding a Environment Variable to a project, the focus is shifted back onto the "Name" input, to make adding more of them easy.
- The endpoint for canceling building deployments was added to the API reference.
- Retrieving projects and secrets is possible using pagination, for which the documentation was now properly updated.
- The documentation for the
headersconfiguration properties now mentions the maximum amount of allowed entries.
- Renaming your personal GitHub account or GitHub organization will not affect the behavior of the Git Integration anymore.
- The legacy Advanced plan has been shut down entirely.
- All teams are now able to customize their invoices on the Billing page, without having to opt into a additional feature.
- Preview Deployment Suffix is now available as an additional feature for all teams on the new Pro plan.
- Deployments in projects created after April 30, 2020 00:00 (UTC) will not automatically receive Git Environment Variables. Projects created after this date should explictly set System Environment Variables to consume Git-related information.