- GPT-3.5: Understand and generate natural language or code
- GPT-4: An advanced model for natural language processing
- DALL·E: Generate and edit images from natural language
- Whisper: Convert audio to text
- Embeddings: Convert term into vectors
To help you get started, we have built a variety of AI templates integrating OpenAI with Vercel.
Before you begin, ensure you have an OpenAI account. Once registered:
Click on Create new secret key. Copy the generated API key securely.
Always keep your API keys confidential. Do not expose them in client-side code. Use Vercel Environment Variables for safe storage and do not commit these values to git.
Finally, add the
OPENAI_API_KEY environment variable in your project:
Integrating OpenAI into your Vercel project is seamless with the Vercel AI SDK.
Install the Vercel AI SDK in your project with your favorite package manager:
pnpm i ai
The Vercel AI SDK also has experimental support for OpenAI Functions.
Learn more about using OpenAI Functions with the AI SDK.