FUNCTION_PAYLOAD_TOO_LARGE error occurs when the payload sent to a function exceeds the maximum allowed size. This typically happens when the data sent in the request body to a serverless function is larger than the server can process.
Payload Too Large
To troubleshoot this error, follow these steps:
- Review payload size: Check the size of the payload being sent to the function to ensure it's within the allowed limits, and does not exceed the limit of 4.5MB
- Reduce payload size: If possible, reduce the size of the payload being sent to the function. This might include sending less data or compressing the data before sending it
- Client-side uploads: For large file uploads, consider using client-side uploads directly to Vercel Blob, where the file is sent securely from the client to Vercel Blob without going through the server
- Split into multiple requests: If the payload data is too large to be sent in a single request, consider splitting the data into smaller chunks and sending multiple requests
- Use external storage: If the data is very large, consider using external storage solutions to handle the data instead of sending it directly in the request