Vercel SpacesLearn how Vercel Spaces improves collaboration, productivity, and software quality at scale.
Vercel Spaces is available in Private Beta to Enterprise plans
Vercel Spaces is a suite of products that focus on the development workflow to help with collaboration, productivity, and software quality. It includes the following three features:
Vercel Spaces, currently in limited private beta, is available for Enterprise Teams. To participate in this or future private betas, contact us for more information.
As a company grows, it can become difficult for any one person to be familiar with the entire codebase. As growing teams start to specialize, it's hard to track which team and members are responsible for any given piece of code. Code Owners lets you automatically assign the right developer for the job by implmenting features like:
- Colocated owners files: Owners files live right next to the code, making it easy to find who owns a piece of code right from the context
- Mirrored organization dynamics: Code Owners mirrors the structure of your organization. Code owners who are higher up in the directory tree act as broader stewards over the codebase and are the fallback if owners files go out of date, such as when developers switch teams
- Customizable code review algorithms: Modifiers allow organizations to tailor their code review process to their needs. For example, you can assign reviews in a round-robin style, based on who's on call, or to the whole team
- Integration into the Vercel Dashboard: The Vercel Dashboard provides tools to manage Code Owners, such as looking up who owns a piece of code and identifying missing areas of ownership
Conformance provides tools that run automated checks on your code for product critical issues, such as performance, security, and code health. Conformance runs in the development workflow to help you:
- Prevent issues from being merged into your codebase: Conformance runs locally and on Continuous Integration (CI) to notify developers early and prevent issues from ever reaching production
- Learn from expert guidance directly in your development workflow: Conformance rules were created based on years of experience in large codebases and frontend applications, and with Vercel's deep knowledge of the framework ecosystem
- Burn down existing issues over time: Conformance allowlists enable you to identify and allowlist all existing errors, unblocking development and facilitating gradual error fixing over time. Developers can then incrementally improve the codebase when they have the time to work on the issues. The Vercel dashboard provides access to these errors, allowing you to explore the codebase's health at any time.
Debugging build failures and improving performance can be a difficult task when you are limited to the information only available on your machine. Whether it's locally, on Continuous Integration (CI), or in deployments, Runs allows developers to:
- Collaborate to fix issues by sharing runs: With a URL generated for every run, developers can share a link to their run with other developers to help them debug and fix issues with their build
- View insights from aggregate runs data: Insights, such as the tasks that are slowing down developers the most, are surfaced to developers, allowing organizations to improve developer productivity
Spaces provides new views in the Vercel Dashboard. You'll see an improved monorepo view for your projects and additional areas to help you explore and manage Code Owners, Conformance, and Runs.