You can sign up for a Vercel account at any time.
To sign up with email:
- Enter your email address, then continue with the link provided in the verification email you will receive
- Enter your phone number, and verify once more with a code sent through SMS
When signing up with your email, no Git provider will be connected by default. See Login methods and connections for information on how to connect a Git provider.
If no Git provider is connected, you will be asked to verify your account on every login attempt.
You can sign up with any of the following supported Git providers:
You will be asked to authorize Vercel to access your Git provider account. This will be the default login connection on your account.
You can manage your login connections in the Authentication section of your account settings. To find this section:
- Select your profile picture near the top-right of the dashboard
- Select Settings in the dropdown that appears
- Select Authentication in the list near the left side of the page
Passkeys enable you to log into your Vercel account with biometrics such as face or fingerprint recognition, PINs, hardware security keys, and more. Because passkeys are associated with Vercel's domain, they are more resistant to phishing attacks than other login methods.
To add a new passkey:
- From the dashboard, click your account avatar and select Settings. In your account settings, go to the Authentication item
- Under Add New, select the Passkey button and then click Continue
- Select the authenticator of preference. This list depends on your browser and your eligible devices. By default, Vercel will default to a password manager if you have one installed on your browser and will automatically prompt you to save the passkey
- Follow the instructions on the device or with the account you've chosen as an authenticator
When you're done, the passkey will appear in a list of login methods on the Authentication page, alongside your other connections.
SAML Single Sign-On enables you to log into your Vercel Enterprise team with your organization's identity provider which manages your credentials.
This option is only available to Enterprise teams, and can be configured by your team's administrator. To sign up for an Enterprise plan, contact sales.
When you create an account on Vercel, you will be prompted to create a project by either importing a Git repository or using a template.
Either way, you must connect a Git provider to your account, which you'll be able to use as a login method in the future.
Your Hobby account on Vercel can only have a single login connection per third-party service. For example, you can only log into your Hobby account with a single GitHub account.
If you need to log in with multiple accounts from the same third-party service, consider creating a new Vercel Hobby account.