Log Drains collect all of your logs using a service specializing in storing app logs. These enable you to collect logs from your deployments and forward them to archival, search, and alerting services by sending them via
TCP once a new log line is created.
Integrating the Log Drains brings added benefits and provides you with an opportunity to improve your web application. Vercel Log Drains can help you in the following ways:
- Persisted storage of logs.
- Large volume of log storage available.
- Ability to create alerts based on logging patterns.
- Generating metrics and graphs from logs data.
Currently, Vercel supports three types of Log Drains:
The Integrations Marketplace has numerous logging services for you to integrate, including:
If none of the available services matches your needs, you can also build your own Integration.
To make use of the Log Drains,
- Install the desired integration from the Integrations Marketplace.
- Follow the configuration steps provided and choose a project to connect with the service.
- Watch your logs appear on the selected service.
You can easily collect and forward your deployment logs to a third-party logging provider and act accordingly with Log Drains.