Today, we've announced a strategic partnership with Sitecore, a leading Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and Content Hub, to deliver an end-to-end composable solution for building and deploying dynamic web experiences.
Combining customer data and AI to deliver personalized experiences and offering a powerful CMS to create and manage content across channels and devices, Sitecore is an ideal solution for today’s connected, omnichannel digital experience.
As users expect a fast, continuous experience across all devices and channels, Sitecore needed to bring innovative development approaches to their suite of of composable solutions and provide a better experience for users and developers.
They looked to partner with a frontend platform that:
- Offers a more developer-centric stack: Frontend developers needed more flexibility to leverage the best frameworks and tools with Sitecore.
- Improves the performance of their DXP solutions: Users demanded better performance than what a monolithic .NET codebase could deliver.
- Enables omnichannel: Headless APIs and app architecture were required to unify the customer experience across different channels.
- Supports digital portfolios: Brands needed an easier way to manage multiple sites with tens or hundreds of domains from a single codebase.
"At Sitecore our mission is to elevate leading brands through unforgettable digital connections with their customers. As a global leader in digital experience software, our partnership with Vercel extends the Sitecore Composable DXP product portfolio. This provides our customers with an end-to-end solution for all their digital needs."
Sitecore chose Vercel as the frontend for their DXP for the developer experience with Vercel's frontend framework, Next.js, build system with Turborepo, and interactive preview capabilities, as well as optimal user experience with a global edge network and serverless compute for speed and scale.
Together, Sitecore and Vercel offer an end-to-end composable solution for building and deploying dynamic applications at the Edge with a developer and content creator workflow optimized for iteration.
- Optimized performance: Applications on the Sitecore + Vercel stack are optimally fast and scale automatically. Boost site performance and increase conversion rate by delivering your storefront, publication, or application at the edge. With Vercel Edge Middleware and Sitecore, you can dynamically render your pages and personalize without sacrificing speed.
- Collaborative content editing: With Figma-like commenting on auto-generated previews, Vercel makes development a team sport. Developers, designers, and content creators collaborate instantly, streamlining the review process and launching sites faster. For web updates that don't require developers, Vercel integrates with Sitecore’s XM Cloud so content editors can make changes and publish pages directly.
- Lower infrastructure costs: Vercel's serverless, edge-first infrastructure delivers world-class performance at a fraction of the overhead cost to maintain and operate a litany of CDNs, cloud providers, security tools, CI/CD platforms, monitoring and observability vendors, and more.
- Omnichannel compatibility: The headless nature of the platform ensures a unified presence across different channels without re-architecting the entire design.
- Better developer talent and productivity: Because we integrate with the latest developer tools built by leaders in the ecosystem, developers love to collaborate and ship on Vercel, and the integration between Sitecore’s DXP and OrderCloud makes full-stack development faster and easier.
We’ve already seen amazing results from customers like Avid Technology and Focus Brands, who are using Sitecore and Vercel to develop and host the Schlotzky's and Moe’s online platforms with an emphasis on speed and throughput during peak ordering hours.
It’s not just Vercel and Sitecore who are excited by the potential impact of this partnership.
Our incredible implementation partners not only see the rewards of moving to composable application stacks, but the tight integration between Next.js, Vercel, and Sitecore streamlines implementation to reduce the cost, risk, and length of migrations.
Vercel has partnered with leading digital agencies to ensure seamless, successful Sitecore headless migrations. With partners actively implementing this structure for customers, 2023 will be the year that Sitecore and Vercel drive digital differentiation for global brands.