Thursday, September 29th 2022
Improvements and Fixes
With your feedback, we've shipped bug fixes and small feature requests to improve your product experience.
- Vercel CLI: v28.4.5 was released with bug fixes and improved JSON parsing.
- A new system environment variable:
VERCEL_GIT_PREVIOUS_SHAis now available in the Ignored Build Step, allowing scripts to compare changes against the
SHAof the last successful deployment for the current project, and branch.
- Vercel dashboard navigation: We’ve made it easier to navigate around the dashboard with the Command Menu. You can now search for a specific setting and get linked right to it on the page.
- More granular deployment durations: The total duration time shown in the deployment tab on the Vercel dashboard now includes all 3 steps (building, checking, and assigning domains) and the time stamp next to each step is no longer rounded up.
- Transferring projects: When transferring a project, the current team is always shown in the dropdown, disabled, with a "Current" label at the end. This is to prevent users from trying to transfer a project to the same Hobby team it already is in and also to keep the current team context.
- Improved deployment logs: Logs that start with
npm ERR!are now highlighted in red in deployment logs.
- CLI docs revamp: The Vercel CLI docs have moved and now include release phases and plan call-outs.
- Build environment updates:
Node.jsupdated to v16.16.0,
npmupdated to v8.11.0,
pnpmupdated to v7.12.2.
Director of Documentation