Skip to content
Event Code of Conduct
Last Updated: August 30, 2022At Vercel Inc. (“Vercel,” “us,” “our,” “we”), we believe in inclusivity, kindness, and a positive community for all Vercel events. We value participation and want all attendees to have a pleasant and fulfilling experience. To achieve this goal, we expect everyone at a Vercel event to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
Our CodeThis Code of Conduct applies to all participants, attendees, partners, sponsors, speakers, moderators, vendors, organizers, and volunteers (“Event Members”) at any Vercel event or associated forum. All Event Members must comply with this Code of Conduct, which will be enforced throughout our events. If you violate these rules, you may be expelled from our events at our discretion. Event Members are responsible for their own actions. Vercel employees must continue to abide by all company policies and internal Code of Conduct at all times.We do not tolerate any behavior that would reasonably lead to any Event Member being made to feel unsafe, insecure, or frightened for their physical or emotional well-being.This means that Event Members can contribute to a positive environment by:
Behavior that we deem unacceptable includes:
- Respecting others and their opinions and viewpoints, even if different from your own
- Displaying empathy and kindness towards all Event Members
- Engaging in communications and discourse appropriate for a diverse, professional audience, including having polite, nonjudgmental, and constructive discussions that stay focused on the topic
- Complying with our event instructions and requirements, the Event Terms and Conditions, and all applicable laws.
Permission and consent can be revoked at any given time. Once it has been revoked, it is no longer acceptable to continue a certain act, conversation, or interaction with all involved parties who no longer wish to take part.
- Making discriminatory, abusive, derogatory, or otherwise offensive remarks, including personal or political attacks, harassment (whether private or public), discrimination, profanity, or other abusive or vulgar language, and the promotion of negative sentiments against others regardless of joking or harmless intent
- Using sexualized language or making nonconsensual sexual/nonsexual advances
- Using another person’s property without their permission
- Sharing confidential information to Event Members or the public
- Posting content multiple times, spamming irrelevant content in the same medium, trolling, or sustained disruption of talks or other scheduled programming
- Conducting yourself in any other manner that could be interpreted as inappropriate in a professional setting.
ViolationsWe are committed to providing harassment-free experiences for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), location, or technology choices.We do not tolerate violations of this Code of Conduct or harassment of Event Members or by Event Members in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate anywhere, including talks, chat rooms, Twitter, and other online media. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images on any media, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, sustained disruption of talks or other events, and unwelcome sexual attention.If an Event Member engages in harassing behavior, we take any action we deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expulsion from the event and associated forums, or involving law enforcement. We may also prohibit you from attending future Vercel events and interacting in our community.If you are asked to stop any harassing behavior, you must comply immediately.
Reporting IncidentsIf you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact us immediately at email@example.com, or where applicable, speak to a Vercel employee, event staff, or security officer.We value your safety, and Vercelians will be happy to help you contact security or local law enforcement or otherwise assist those experiencing adverse behavior for the duration of the event. Thank you for helping make our events a welcoming and safe space for everyone.