Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in joining Vercel Inc., including our subsidiaries and affiliates, (“Vercel,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). This Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how we collect, use, and share personal information when you apply for a job with Vercel. Capitalized terms not defined in this Notice are defined in our Privacy Notice.This Notice applies to job applicants and describes Vercel’s privacy practices when you apply for employment or are considered for a position with us. Depending on where you apply for a position, we may provide additional information to you relating to the content of this Notice.This Notice does not cover the following:
- Vercel customers – For more information about how Vercel collects and uses personal information in delivering our products and services to Customers, please see our Privacy Notice.
- Vercel employees – For more information about how Vercel collects and uses personal information from Vercel employees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We CollectWe collect and process personal information for recruitment, interviewing, and hiring purposes as described in this Notice (collectively, “Recruitment Activities”).
Information You Provide Directly to UsIn addition to the information that we collect when you use our Sites, as described in the Privacy Notice, we collect the following information directly from you as part of our Recruitment Activities:
- Academic and professional experience, such as employment history, level of education, skills, certifications, professional affiliations, and other relevant career information you choose to provide
- Work eligibility, such as your eligibility to work in the country where you applied for a job and your start date
- Salary expectations for the position(s) of interest.
Information We Collect from Third PartiesWe collect or reference information from publicly available sources (e.g., LinkedIn) or from third parties (e.g., recruiting agencies, former employers) to engage in and support our Recruitment Activities. We only use information about you that we receive from third parties for the purposes described in this Notice.Personal information that third parties disclose to us includes:
- Contact information;
- Candidate salary expectations (if provided to them by you); and
- Academic and professional background information, such as referrals from current and former employees, contractors, recruiting agencies.
How We Use InformationWhen you interact with us during our Recruitment Activities, we use your information in the following ways:
- Communicate with you – We use your information to engage with you, including contacting you during the screening and interviewing process and communicating with you through our Recruitment Activities.
- Engage in our Recruitment Activities – We use your information to engage with you in providing, operating, monitoring, and maintaining our Recruitment Activities. For example, we need your information to evaluate and verify your application and qualifications for employment, define job roles and responsibilities, conduct interviews and screenings, conduct background and criminal checks (in accordance with applicable laws), check references, prepare and negotiate offers, salaries, and benefits, arrange travel where applicable, or reimburse you for travel expenses, where agreed upon by us.
- Provide and improve our Recruitment Activities – We use your information to internally evaluate our recruitment process, analyze how you interact with us during our Recruitment Activities (i.e., if you have previously visited our Careers page to determine the effectiveness of our job postings) gather survey feedback, conduct analytics, and improve your experience and the quality of our Recruitment Activities.
- Promote the security of our Recruitment Activities – We use your information to investigate and prevent fraudulent behavior, unauthorized access related to our Recruitment Activities, and other illegal activities by verifying that the information we collect about you is true and accurate, such as for reference checks.
- Legal, regulatory, safety and compliance purposes – We use your information to comply with laws or regulations, respond to regulatory, court, or government authority requests when necessary for enforcement or protection against harm, submit reports as required by law, resolve legal disputes, and review compliance with applicable usage terms, such as work eligibility in the country of employment.
- Other purposes – If we need to use your personal information for other purposes not described above for other purposes not described above, we will notify you in advance and ask for your consent.
How We Share InformationWe share your personal information with third parties as required by law and as part of our business practices, as described below.
Vercel EmployeesIf you have been referred for a job by a current Vercel employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the outcome of the process.
New Owner and Other Corporate TransactionsWe provide your information to our affiliates. We transfer your personal information to a party unaffiliated with Vercel as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. We will provide you with notice through our Sites if your personal information is transferred to a new entity.
Third-Party Service ProvidersWe work with service providers, such as skills evaluation providers, software providers, recruiting agencies, advisors, and consultants to help us with our Recruitment Activities. Under contract with Vercel, these third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services or perform them on our behalf.We do not sell your personal information to third parties.We require third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we disclose your personal information to provide appropriate security measures in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with contractual obligations, their privacy and security obligations, and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. However, we are not responsible for the privacy and data security practices of third parties outside of the personal information we transfer to them.Certain third-party service provider services have separate terms and privacy notices that are independent of this Notice. We recommend carefully reviewing the terms and privacy notices of each third-party service, website, and/or application prior to use.
Public Authorities, Officials, or OthersWe disclose your personal information when disclosure is:
- Reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Necessary to enforce this Notice;
- Required to enforce our contractual obligations, including investigation of potential violations; or
- Necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Vercel, you, or the public as required or permitted by law.
International TransfersIf you provide us with your personal information, we may transfer your personal information to other countries. Some of these countries may have different data protection laws than the country in which you initially provided the information to us, and you may have fewer rights with respect to your personal information. By submitting your application to us, you accept the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your personal information and that communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States. If you do not want your personal information transferred to other countries, please do not submit any information to us.To the extent required by law, we will take measures to protect the cross-border transfer of your information.
Legal Bases for Processing (for EEA Job Applicants)If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we collect and process your personal information only where we have legal basis for doing so under applicable European Union laws. The legal basis depends on Vercel’s relationship with you and how you choose to interact with us. This means that we collect and use your personal information only:
If you have any questions about the legal basis for processing, please contact us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you;
- To operate our business, including improving and developing our Recruitment Activities, for fraud prevention purposes, improving your experience, or other legitimate interests; or
- As otherwise in compliance with law.
How We Store and Protect InformationWe retain your personal information for as long as necessary for us to perform our Recruitment Activities, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce rights, or as necessary for our business purposes, such as updating you on future opportunities or answering any queries in connection with your application.We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We also require that third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also provide certain security measures under industry standards.Although we have security safeguards in place to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security in all situations. If you have questions about our information security practices, please contact us using the email address in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Privacy Choices and RightsYou have certain choices available when it comes to the personal information that we collect.
Your ChoicesWhere appropriate or legally required, we describe how we use the personal information collected, so you can make choices about your personal information. See our Privacy Notice to learn more about your choices.When you engage in our Recruitment Activities, you may receive emails or other forms of communication from us. You can opt out of recruiting and event communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
Your RightsDepending on where you are located, you may have certain rights in connection with your personal information. These rights vary depending on your jurisdiction and you may be able to exercise some rights directly on our job application site through your profile or by making choices on communications you receive from us. To learn more about your rights, please see our Privacy Notice.Unless otherwise explained to you in advance, you are not obligated to provide your personal information to us. If you decide not to provide your personal information, we will not be able to engage in Recruitment Activities with you. You may also request that we withdraw your application for a specific position without deleting your information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before responding to rights requests. Please see our Privacy Notice for more information.
Changes to This NoticeThis Notice may be modified at any time and for any reason. You can determine when this Notice was last revised by referring to the “Updated” date at the top of this Notice. We encourage you to review the Notice whenever you interact with our Recruitment Activities to stay informed about our privacy practices and the ways that you can help protect your privacy.If we make significant changes to this Notice, we will notify you through our Sites or via the email address associated with your application. If you do not agree with the privacy practices disclosed in the Notice, we recommend you stop engaging in our Recruitment Activities.
Contact UsIf you have questions about this Notice or to update or request changes to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or refer to our Privacy Notice for additional information on our privacy program.