Vercel is committed to enabling the creation, adoption, and development of open source projects. As such, Vercel offers the option to sponsor these projects, covering the cost of hosting them in full.
There are some criteria that are required to be fulfilled before Vercel can sponsor your project. These are listed below:
- The project should be non-commercial.
- The project should be open source.
- The project's usage should fall under fair use.
- A Vercel banner should be present in the footer of each site page.
- A Vercel banner should be present in the source repository's
- All links back to Vercel should use a UTM tag with the format:
The Vercel banner described above is provided as an image below.
Applying for Sponsorship
To apply for a sponsorship for your OSS (open source software) project, follow the following steps:
- Verify that all sponsorship criteria above are met.
- Verify that you need this sponsorship plan. Our free tier is generous and can handle most small projects.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming all sponsorship criteria was met and explain why Vercel's free tier is not enough for your project. Include your Vercel team name and a link to your open source repo in the email.
Vercel sponsorship is primarily for OSS projects although we sponsor some educational projects as well. Note that we accept a small number of OSS plan sponsorships every month.