The Vercel platform makes it easy to transfer domains between accounts, this can be done from the Vercel dashboard.
By using this method, you will be able to preserve all DNS records attached to your domain. Your domain may incur some downtime during the transition.
- Remove the domain and all of its subdomains from all Vercel Projects.
- Go to your domain's dashboard and click "Move".
- Enter the desired scope to move the domain to and click "Move".
- You can verify the request by accessing the domain's dashboard under the new scope.
- The domain move will be completed and the domain available to use on the new account immediately.
A quicker way to do a "domain move" between accounts is by deleting it first. This approach would remove all DNS records related to your domain.
Based on feedback from our users, Vercel is preparing a "project migration" utility, this is line to be released soon.