- Static files are cached by all Regions for 31 days by default. If you need to configure this duration, you can set a
Cache-Controlheader in your
- Dynamic responses (from Serverless Functions) are not cached unless they contain a
Cache-Controlheader with specific directives (e.g.
- Read more about this in the caching documentation.
- Your Serverless Functions have total control on how the CDN caches your responses using the
The transition is painless. All you have to do is point your NS records to our DNS infrastructure.
- You can create a new deployment to invalidate the cache for your preview and production deployments.
- Content will remain cached for preview URLs until it expires.
- You can find caching limits in the caching documentation.
vercel devallows you to run your applications locally just like it does in production, but make sure to install your project's dependencies first.
- The very first request is served synchronously.
- Subsequent requests are served from cache, and if stale, revalidated asynchronously in the background.
- Read more in the
s-maxageis the number of seconds a response is considered "fresh" by the CDN.
- After this period ends, the CDN will continue to serve the response from the edge but it's now considered "stale" so it will be requested again to your Serverless Function in the background to get a "fresh" one.
- We strip the
stale-while-revalidatedirective from your
Cache-Controlso browsers don't get it.
- This allows you to always deliver the latest content to your visitors right after creating a new deployment (as opposed to waiting for browser cache to expire).
- Users who visit your deployments will automatically use the CDN Region that is geographically closest to them.
- You can find the full list of regions in the regions and providers documentation.
- On the Hobby plan there is no charge for bandwidth.
- See our pricing page for more details.
- In the event of a DDoS we have measures in place to detect and mitigate bad actors.
- We don't currently have an image optimization service in place, if you'd like to see this feature then please let us know.
Origin Control: Offalong with other custom caching rules in Cloudflare, in a
s-maxageto 0 on your routes to disable any caching from Vercel CDN.
- When a new deployment is made, you will have to find a way to purge the Cloudflare cache.